PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Sunday, March 2, 2014

Special Words: Youngest & Oldest

The children were given the chance to speak about their mom at the funeral. They could write down a few things to say on their own, or have their words read by Kristin's cousin Rena.  Two chose to keep their words and thoughts private, and two chose to share. Kristin and Shawn have raised four incredibly brave children and we are all so proud of them!


Read by Kristin's Cousin Rena
Words from Connor (7)

Mom danced with me. 
Me and mom went to Starbucks. 
I love mom. 
Mom filled me up with love. 
Mom gave me peace. 
Mom coloured with me. 
I wish mom did not have cancer. 
If you ask God about something in your prayer, 
He will answer.

Words from Kyle (15)

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You passed away
believe me you,
left a lasting impression
with all of your love
and your passion, your
vision and your love. 
Lest we forget the
hero of many lives
and our family, Mother, 
daughter, wife, friend, cousin, 
leader, role model, love, 
cousin, that person who
impacted so many lives, 
I love you mom. 
Roses are red
violets are blue
I love you because
you saw me through. 
not to the end, but
where it mattered
you went on
but we stayed
with our thoughts
and our hearts.
Manafest once told me to live on, 
not to hold on,
but hold on, and
be strong. 
These are words to 
live by now.
As much as you might
question how
it's not hard, 
when you have the
memories that I have
to live on. 
Bye Mom, 
Love you,
Kyle

1 comment:

  1. Those are very sweet words shared by a couple of Kristin and Shawn's kids; what a lasting treasure to know that she has left a great legacy for the family!!!

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: