PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Sunday, January 5, 2014

Blessed.

Have been so blessed by this hospital experience.  Ambulance came quickly and the paramedics were amazing.  Got triaged and had so much pain I couldn't cope.  That was hard but affirmed the decision to come.  Got my port accessed and meds started.  At about 2:00am I was given a room exactly where I need to be right now.  The staff is amazing and kind and my nurse told me that this was an emergency bed and she knew I was the right patient for it. Again, affirmed to me my decision to come to hospital.  My day nurse has been incredible as he and the doctor have worked on a pain plan and then my nurse has so ... just full of caring... waded through, slogged through, it with Shawn and I.  Incredibly hard morning but now I am up and eating lunch!  And I got to pee!  Ahhhhh.

I am just so blessed by this hospital stay. I will likely be here for a week and then the team will assess the situation.   Will keep you posted as I can.  Pain is a big thing that is going to take some time to work through.  Also, yesterday I had chemo so this is chemo week coming up.  We aren't "better" yet but this is definitely better than this morning was so I'll take it!!!


Thank you for your love and prayers.  Mommy in hospital again is going to be hard on the kids.  And going to take Team Kristin circling the wagons again.  I am so grateful for this amazing hospital we have and the staff here to guide and direct us.  In an instant everything can change for the better... and I am savouring this instant of sitting up and eating my hospital lunch!!!

Thank you for your prayers!!!

5 comments:

  1. Good to see you smiling Kristin! Glad to hear that things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the big smile amongst the trials and pain! Thinking about you and praying for strength and the pain gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration Kirstin, I love your heart and soul. You are always in my thoughts.
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the smile, praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you Kristin..."Blessed to be a blessing" is what Al said about our daughter Naomi, this weekend at her memorial service...that is how I see you Kristin. You are continually in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. Your words of comfort the day we spoke, took me to places of peace that can only come from above. Thank you. I love you...Auntie Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: