PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Patience

Today I am waiting for 'the phone call'... still on that cancellation list to start my chemo.  Still hoping that the booking clerks, in all their juggling amazingness, will find a way to squeeze me in with the 150 other patients that got bumped due to the stat holidays over Christmas and New Year.  I wasn't bumped, but because they were I am still waiting.  And that's okay. Did you know that every day there are 50 patients that go through the chemo room?  FIFTY!!!  And, likely, many of those dear ones have to drive a really long distance, no matter how sick or icky they feel, to get to their medicine.  I am so very grateful to live in a town with such a huge cancer center.  So thankful!

Each day that I wait to start chemo I am more recovered from my surgery and radiation.  That's how I'm looking at it... but I do jump every time the phone rings, scrambling to get to the call display before the kids do, hoping and fretting at once, wondering when the chemo room will call.

Practicing my patience... I am not a very patient patient.  [eye roll]  I do feel that my strength is renewing, every-so-slowly, each day I do feel closer to recovered than I did 7 weeks ago!!! [wink]

Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. 

New King James version 

Some of my family members are even less patient patients than I am... pray peace for them as they wait for this show to 'get on the road', too!  I've said it before, I'll say it again... cancer came to our entire family on October 29th.  That's a lot of people whose years have been hijacked in some way or another.  I really struggle with feeling bad about that... not guilt so much, there is no way I even remotely 'did this'... but... it's just a lot of lives thrown off kilter.  Alternately, it's a lot of lives included on the adventure in God's greatness, right?!?!  RIGHT!  

I told son4 about the port and explained chemo to him... when I told him about the port he made a vomit-y face... that cracked me up!  Thanks kid, I feel a little that way myself, too!  Kids are good medicine!

2 comments:

  1. I admit, my patience is being tested and I didn't have much to begin with :(

    I snuck ahead to my devotion for tomorrow and it says -
    "Patience to wait does not come from suffering long for what we lack but from sitting long in what we have"
    Thanks Beth Moore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man - that sucks. And what is the most terrible is the increasing numbers of people who need to use the chemo room. I'm sorry you're even on that list :( But still praying for a call asap.

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: