PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cycle 4: Week 1: Chemo in!



Peace, love and pixie dust.  An extra little smile in this week and pinned above my heart today.

I drink my 33oz Nal geen bottle of water at least once-and-a-half through most days, plus additional liquid so I was sloshing by the time I walked up to reception!  LOL  I told you, when the nurse says to hydrate, I hydrate!  [wink]   Happy to report that Nurse got the IV in on the first try!  Hooray!  The first chemo did cause burning so we added the sugar water to help the chemo go down better:  a spoon full of sugar did help this medicine go... up my arm!  The pain was a bit intense, felt like a pretty strong charlie horse cramp from the tip of my pinkie up to my ear lobe... the sugar helped to make it a more localized stabbing.  Definitely better!  Was very grateful that things went fairly smoothly and then time goes pretty quickly after that.  My eyes are blurry, my brain is fuzzy, I'm a bit lightheaded. 
Mom & Dad, Keri, Kori & Roger and I went to a local pizza joint for lunch as is Wednesday tradition... then I came home and crashed on the couch.  I could barely say good-bye to Mom when she dropped me off,  I was already almost asleep the minute I hit the pillow.  Slept a solid hour, woke to pee (so hydrated still!) and do my injection then hit the couch for another 45 minutes til the kids got home from school.  Woke up but still felt so exhausted and could barely keep my body upright and my eyes open.  Feeling an unsettled tummy with some pain in my upper back.  Took the extra meds against heartburn to counter it.  Probably too many chili peppers on my pizza.  I'm crazy, I know, but my taste buds weaken after chemo and I really like extra flavour.  [smile]

Looking for bedtime pretty soon.  Wouldn't it be awesome to just sleep it off!!?!   It could happen!  [wink]

4 comments:

  1. This morning when we were texting I was praying for one poke... Thank you Jesus for once again answering my prayers.
    It was good to see you content in your chemo room (thanks for blowing our surprise!) but even better to eat pizza together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so glad you and Keri came up! I didn't know if you were nervous to come, or waiting for an invite, and usually chemo was on your workdays... but I didn't tell Mom you were coming! ;-)

      Delete
  2. It COULD happen, for sure! Winks, and prayers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are sleeping well! Xoxo Lisa & Duane

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: