PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Monday, May 6, 2013

Blessings and silver linings

Heard tonight during prayers: "... and I know that some people in other countries don't have things because I remember mom telling me that in the van one time..."

Wondering and hoping that our children will be learning what we are working to impart is a constant thing/ work for parents. Adding the worrisome timeline that cancer can push causes the pressure of that parenting to swell up in a tsunami of tears or panic that life really is too short... no matter how many years we get. Hearing our six years old praying that he remembers being taught... that our "purposeful parenting" actually did stick, is bearing fruit: priceless.

Thank you, Lord, this was a gift to me today and I am gratefully holding it, turning it over my hands, cherishing the glimpse into our children's futures. I love those moments of / with / from / as it relates to each of our kids. What treasures these four humans are in Shawn's and my life.

1 comment:

Connecting through comments: