PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Tuesday, December 4, 2012

love and kindness grown here

Last night was the TeamKristin fundraiser that my two friends have been planning. All day I have been thinking of how best to articulate my gratitude and the cozy-blanket-straight-from-the-warmer love that was spilling out of the venue as we walked up. I have no words. There was so much love. So much connection and support and caring and smiles and hope and joy and friendship. And it wasn't just for me... I fear rock star status, let us never forget this is bigger than just me, this is God at work, drawing us together, drawing us to Him, filling our hearts. The love and caring was for all of us... It was my sister's co-workers coming to support her, my parents' friends coming to support them, friends of Diane's coming to support a cause dear to her, it was my other sister's co-workers and friends coming to support her... The connections running through that room: priceless.

I wish I could say it better. I am just so love-cup-filled for having walked through and received the smiles and hugs and care.

Thank you Diane and Erika. Thank you so much to all who came and contributed and brought the love.

Thank you.

9 comments:

  1. In my thoughts and of course taking you to our Heavenly Father in prayer. <3 Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I don't have the words...you always do Kris!
    Seeing so many friends and family coming together under one roof was more than heart-warming! Thank you TEAM KRISTIN for making it happen! Thank you to all of our friends, family and NEW friends for coming out!
    Big love and hugs to you all :)
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  4. You couldn't have said it any better Kristin!
    Cozy-blanket-straight-from-the-warmer-Love... I'm stampin that with a Kristin trademark!!

    Feeling so overwhelmed from Love and support, praying heaps of blessing over every single person who is lifting each of us up. Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you to everyone who supported this fundraiser by attending, donating & purchasing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those words WERE perfect. We love you so much and we're thankful that amidst the CRAP of cancer, there are times like these where goodness shines through. Glory to God! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am grateful to get connected to such a lovely caring & supportive group. Thanks Erika for blessing me with your candid humour & smile. I hope to connect with you soon! I was able to feel comfortable out of my shell with a group of strangers, & not so strangers. This was a big step for me as I don't do well with crowds so much especially if I don't know anyone. I did it for love, love of a person that makes me smile, love of a person who I hold dear & close to my heart! God Bless you Kristin. God is working in your life, even when you don't know it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I had been there! But glad my Mother's heart was & please know that she drew my love there along with her own <3
    We look forward to the arrival of our purple team bracelets :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A rare moment I was so happy to be a part of! My bracelet is on and staying on! ...to remind me every time I see it to send healing thoughts and prayers to you.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, I couldn't be there. But I was there in spirit! Love you SO much and you were a rock star before you even had one friend! HUGS and PRAYERS! I can only imagine that you are recovering SO MUCH better at home!
    Cher

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: