PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Monday, December 17, 2012

Only one week til Christmas!!!

Hooray for the last week of school before Christmas break. I am excited to have my family home and with me. I like it when the kids and the daddy are all in this house with me. I am looking forward, as always, to Christmas morning around the tree. We are slow and leisurely and huggy with lots of oohs and aahs and kids telling kids "oh! That's exactly what you wanted!!!" I love it. And we read the nativity story from Luke 2 and we all have moments of silly and silent and excited and it is home. I love it.

Today I am home with son4. He was claiming pukey tummy, though I think he just needs a break from the full days of kindergarten. Holidays are late this year and everyone is feeling it. I have a bit of a dizzy headache and weird tummy, praying I am germ free and will feel better as the day progresses!

Wednesday we meet with the chemo doctor to find out the plan. Please pray that God will lead her to the right chemo for me right off the bat. Pray wisdom and that when she thinks on me she sees the right path and plan for success and healing and remission!!!

I feel... so many things. I just am still mind-boggled that this is happening. That I will spend the next months in chemicals and cures. That I may lose my hair... bald. That everything is changed, but we are all still the same.

Peace, that seems to me the best thing to ask you to pray for. We are okay right now... but waves of sad or scared keep washing over at random moments. For the most part days are good, just lazing on the couch wishing I could help Shawn carry the burden of caring for me, the kids, the house, everything.

So surreal.

So glad for the birth of Jesus, that we can bask in the joy that is the Saviour's birth. Omnipotent God became a dependent baby... laying on the couch these weeks has given me a new perspective on that.

Blessings to you this Christmas!
Kristin

4 comments:

  1. Even with what we have been thru since october 29, with dispair some times to tears, exhaustion and the total feeling of helplessness, even though ever part of my body and my heart hurts for my daughter, on this road, I have NO idea of how those families feel, grandmas and grandpas, brothers and sisters, in the sensless murders while at school! My heart absulutely bleeds for them and Hold them up in prayer as you have us. Thank you all, dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am eager for Christmas break to start too. Like you, I love it when we're all home together making memories.

    I love that quote by Einstein. It's one of my faves! Believing for miracles in your life. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't express well in English. But I wish every treatment will be succeeded, and wish you spend peaceful and joyful Christmas time with your family. I pray everyday. Love you.
    Miwa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that your perspective on Christmas rubs off on those around you :)
    My kids are more than ready for Christmas break as well.

    Praying for peace like a river and Joy like a fountain!! Calming, soothing, never ending, refreshing...
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: