PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Thursday, November 28, 2013

Emotions

Just woke up from a solid three hour sleep. No lights shining in my eyes, no hustle and chatter of nurses assessing and sweet old ladies calling for help in their weak little voices (and then me worrying that they can't find they call bell), no blood pressure checks when you've just fallen asleep.  Awesome.

Then Shawn brought me some water and the low-down on all the phone calls he's been fielding regarding the flood and then the cancer agency and then blood transfusion.

Me, "I'm going to burst into tears if you say Monday (Connor's birthday)" as he switched into politically correct mode and danced around until he said "for Monday".  My hemoglobin is too low, I need another transfusion. [sigh]. It is what it is, it's just yet another scheduled appointment.  This was my "off week", remember?!?

When I left emerg today I said to the doc "thank you so much, I missed my son's birthday last year because of cancer.  I don't want to miss it this year!" And he smiled and the nurses were happy for me.

And this.  At least it's a 9:30am appointment.  So long as things run smoothly I should be home around the same time as Connor gets home on the bus.  Things so rarely seem to run smoothly. 

I just want to be here, at home, with my kid, on his birthday. With my husband and kids and as our little family and to celebrate and watch him open his gifts and have birthday dinner.  

It may seem that those things aren't that important, but I challenge you that they are!  If we don't fight to keep those celebrations valued then what is the marker of our year?  What keeps the days from running together?  What are the influxes of "happy" that make everything just feel plump with living, rich with accomplishment, investing into our own future... Like that feeling you get on payday every two weeks, but for your heart?

So I have had my cry.  I have hugged my kid.  And now I will go get ready for dinner... It's my mother-in-law's birthday today and I'm out of hospital in time to celebrate with the family!

God is good.  All the time.

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear your r out of the hospital! Will pray for smooth sailing on Monday. Hope u enjoy this eve. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that. All of your family will be happy and smile to be with you at home. I'll keep on praying.
    Miwa

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: