PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Monday, December 2, 2013

Thank you, nice juicy donor!


Back at the hospital.
Woke up feeling panicked ... More like claustrophobic.   Spent time with God, had some fear moments, laid them down.  I trust you Lord.
Took cupcakes to C's class, his birthday request.  Enjoyed SNOW for the drive!
Got here, port accessed but wouldn't draw. Apparently I am either too low on blood or dehydrated.  The nurse was able to get the port to work and I got my bag of blood flowing in now!
Did you know that blood flows by gravity while other meds can be moved along with a pump?  True.
The nurse raised the pole (to help gravity along) so we can get this transfusion done in time for me to be home when birthday boy gets off the bus!  Nurses are awesome!!!
My temp was up a titch, please pray no problems with today's transfusion!!!!

Update:  Mom and I pulled onto my street literally four car lengths in front of the boys' bus!  How's the for awesome timing on the part of my great nurse who was determined to get me home for C's birthday!!!   It's been snowing off and on all day today, nothing sticking quite yet but was beautiful to watch the snowfall from my hospital bed!  Had no further temperature problems and no glitches with the rest of the transfusion.  We always watch for the next 6 hours for a reaction so I'm praying for none.  Tonight, we are celebrating my #4 as he turns 7years old!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love to hear the good news. Praise be to God for the wonderful timing and good day!

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: