PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Allowing anticipation in

Writing birthday invites for Miranda's classmates.  This time last year I honestly didn't know if I would get another birthday with the kids. I wouldn't even allow myself to think about this year's birthdays until the day before.  It even feels like I am "tempting fate" to think "I got another birthday with each of them" when her birthday is still over a week away... but I feel hopeful that I will get this birthday with my daughter.  Please realize what a big deal this is to me.  I don't look ahead.  I have grown to assume that there will be side tracks and blips and dips and side effects that will come between this moment and my plans for even the very near future. It's that loss of innocence that I have spoken of before.  But today, as I write these cards, I feel anticipation of spending 12th birthday time with my girl.  And anticipation is a rare commodity to me these days, for whatever reason and for a whole bunch of reasons. Once bit, twice shy, right?

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the anticipation Kris! Those of us that know you well know just how important this is for you! So thankful for this gift and so many more...Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, enjoy the feelings! Prayers for a good week leading up & really great day together. What, 12 yrs old??!

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: