PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Thursday, December 12, 2013

YOU are the 'reason for the season'

YOU are the reason for the Season! 

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).


_________________________________________
Kristin's response:

Mind. Blown.  I have always loved the phrase "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" but didn't realize that that phrase is really just our Christian heart's response to a commercialized world view on the seasonal celebration of Christ's birth.  I had never thought of it before as ME being the reason for the season.  I am.  I fully believe that God so loved the world (ME) that He gave His only Son (Jesus Christ) so that whoever believes in Him (me, you, every and anyone who says "Jesus, I have sinned, please forgive me, please come into my life, help me live according to the character of you) will have eternal life (in Heaven with God when this earthly body dies).  I fully believe this.  And so the idea that KRISTIN is the reason for the season.  And SHAWN is the reason for the season.  And KYLE is the reason for the season.  And MIRANDA is the reason for the season.  And BRADEN is the reason for the season. And CONNOR is the reason for the season.  ... well, it's just so amazing and cool and mind-blowing!  YOU, my friend, if only just YOU, YOU ARE THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!!!!  God made Christmas happen... Christ's birth happen... just for YOU!!!!   WOW!!!!

I can't wait to share discussion with the kids about this at some point over the next few days when we can sit and chat and really just let this information sink in!   Don't you love it when God's love just smacks you right in the head like a v 8 commercial?!?!  Seriously, why didn't I think of it this way before?  So glad to have this perspective shift now!!!  Love when God uses F ac e B ook to knock my socks off!  Thanks, God.  You are so awesome!
 

1 comment:

Connecting through comments: