PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Sunday, December 8, 2013

GAH! He coughed in my mouth!!!!

Trying to not have a full-on panic attack.  Beloved youngest son just coughed directly into my nose and mouth as I was inhaling.  Direct hit.  His cough and cold into my air intake.  I want to scrape my mouth.  I want to gargle with industrial strength tooth cleanser.  I am honestly trying hard not to have a full-on panic attack.  I will not get sick.  I will not get sick.  It's just a cough.  My numbers are high.  I will not get sick.

The new chemo that I will start on Thursday makes your neutrophils (they make your white blood cells which are the infection fighters) drop.  This means that, starting Thursday, we will be putting an even bigger sign on our front door and we will be disinfectant wiping even more in this house and I will be wearing a mask when I cuddle with the kids. 

In my mouth.  Gah!  Direct hit!!!  In my mouth.   Gah!!!!

I will not panic.  I will not panic.  I will not panic. 

I'm feeling slightly panicked.

Lord, I pray your hedge of protection around this body extra in this minute.  Peace for my soul, Father God, germ-free for this body.  In the name of Jesus, amen.

3 comments:

  1. Did you gargle with Vodka??? I mean Listerine??? :)
    Thank you Lord for protecting Kris from all the germs floating around and especially the ones from the direct hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying with you! And gargling vodka...good idea! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop fretting. You won't get sick, and if you do, that's what medication is for.

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: