PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cycle 2: Week 1, Day 1






Well, I'm certainly not "fearless", that's for sure.  But I certainly fear less because I know that God is bigger, that He has a plan, and that there is miracles in the chemo and the medical intervention.  I trust that God has brought my medical team to this place at this time for my needs and I believe that He will heal me.  Amen!!!

Today we start Cycle 2 (week 1: chemo, week 2: chemo, week 3, off).  I am glad to get the chemo in so that we can get the cancer out.  I am hesitant about the side effects and how the whole healing process drags me to a full-stop with days where I can barely get from my bed to the couch and have me living in a haze of not-present-in-my-own-life and moments where I can only just get my eyes to look over to the kids when they come tell me they love me.  It's heart-hurtful to me, and weird for them.  But, this is part of the cancer adventure... and next year we will look back on this and know we are darn strong for the work done now. 

The last four days have been busy and full and with a strong touch of 'normal' on them.  It has been lovely and I feel ready to hunker down again and let my body do what it needs to do.  Please, keep praying... for the chemo to work easily, quickly, gently.  Pray that my body will recoup fast, that my white counts will stay high, that the meds will take care of the nausea and the killer heartburn of last cycle, that my family will have patience and quiet and that their hearts will remain soft through this process.  Pray germ-free for all six of us, for my caregivers, for our friends and classmates.  And most of all, please pray for peace.

3 comments:

  1. Love that quote! Praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lordgives strength to His people, The Lord blessed His people with peace.
    ~ Psalm 29:11

    Thinking of you today as you start round 2.
    Kori & fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear Kristin,
    I don't know if you remember me, but we were Dunach friends back in the day! Noelle just updated me on where you've been at in life of late. First let me say how sorry I am that you've been called to walk through such a place. Second, let me say how beautiful I think you are through the journey. Christ is shining through you and if only I could say the same with such confidence, I'd be a happy, happy girl. My family and I want you to know that we'll be praying for you regularly as you continue on. And what's more, we'll consider it a great honor. God bless and keep you and may He shine His face upon you and give you that Biblical peace that passes understanding we've all read about in His Word. For what it's worth, I'm proud of you and of the way you're pressing on.

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: