PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Friday, February 8, 2013

Cycle 2: Week1, Day4, 8pm



Today.  A good day.  Woke up at 5am, took meds.  Slept well through the night, thank you for all the prayers that made that happen!  Missed kissing the kids out the door but sleep is sometimes equally valued.  Took the 4th day of meds as per my oncologist.  His words, "Well, studies only show for 3 days, but it can't hurt to take the 4th day to help the heartburn pain."  Fine by me!  [smile]  Slept til 10am, ready out the door to do errands with my amazing Mom doing the driving.  Have the shakes and quite weak from the chemo, this is typical and quite expected.  Made for slow trips in and out of shops for meds, banking, a replacement Mag1c Bu11et (hooray!), hair cut (thanks Lilee, love it!), even C0stc0!  My Mom is the best companion, helper, sherpa, cheerleader, support... like times 1billion.   Could not do cancer without her. Without my husband and kids.  Without our extended family.  Without all of you.  Honestly.  The thought of doing this without all the ALL THE help, blows my mind.  So grateful.

So... here's the new hairdo.  And the new dress that I ordered just cuz I liked it and it was a steal!  [smile]  And... oi, trying to figure out what size this new Kristin is.  Sharkbite has altered my belly in a hilarious way... and I am not really a clothes shopper, so sizing always eludes me anyway.  The whole thing about clothes makes me laugh!  Even my undergarments are suddenly wrong.  Hilarious.  Regardless, I love the dress and it's a sort of t-shirt-y material that is super comfy.  Score!   It's 8pm, I ate dinner and am feeling good and not heartburn-ish... thank you Lord!  So grateful for meds.  For medical staff, for a team that cares so much about me.   Thank you Lord for bringing this all together, for smiles even on super weird days... I'm just glad to feel like me.

8 comments:

  1. You are BEAUTIFUL - inwardly, outwardly, shark bite included. Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous! (It must have been a haircut kinda' day today...I got a new 'do today too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonya, you stole the words right out of my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your fresh new look!!
    I hope your 8:00 dinner was by candlelight :)

    Praying for a great sleep two nights in a row!
    Kori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hair - it looks really good! Glad to hear you had a good day yesterday.

    Liz Laturnus

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing. Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: