PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Sunday, February 17, 2013

Today

Got my IV and pain port out today. Switched to all oral meds. Wahoo! Also switching from belly injections to oral for blood thinners! Wahoo! Feel so unencumbered! Still no talk of "go home date" and it sounds like chemo for Tuesday but as an in patient.

Please pray for wisdom for my medical team, strength for my body, peace for us as we wait and rest in this moment.
The kids are okay but really would like their mommy and daddy home soon! So grateful for the positives of the week and still can't process what a tough and dire circumstance God brought us through this far. It is just incredible to think on.

We have learned a lot in this cancer journey and we are only cycle 2 of maybe 6. I find it encouraging (is that strange?) each time a nurse asks what chemo I am on, and I tell her and she says "whoa, that's the big ones" or similar. And I do a little mental happy dance, cuz I did it! My family and I, we did it! [smile]. Couldn't do this without all the help. Honestly, so touched as so incredibly grateful to you all.

The next months will be figuring out the new normal again as we hope and wait and wish and dream... of camping and travel and candy stores to check out and time together to savour!

6 comments:

  1. Does this mean new IV every time you go for chemo? I'm glad it's out...must feel awfully nice to have it gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Herman (port under my skin, at right shoulder area) for chemo. This was emerg IV and pain port for this week's stay in hospital).

      Delete
    2. I see...thanks for clarifying!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for you that things are looking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful for you to see strength and newness in each new day as God leads you in this journey step by step. Acknowledging the small doses of improvements and thankfulness will help you all get through this. Contiously praying. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you are on the mend. I was away last week. Imagine my surprise to find out what happened during the week. Eek.

    You look really good with the new do and dress. Thanks for sharing that, as well as your journey. You are an amazing person, with an awesome family.

    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: