PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Outting!!!

Yay today!  Being it's Wednesday, Keri and Kori are off, so this is the day we try and make sure to get together...and even do lunch!  Usually it's our "chemo tradition" in that chemo is Tuesday and then on Wednesday, thanks to the heavy-duty anti-nausea meds, we can go out.  Last week, K&K brought Chinese to the hospital instead.

Today, we went out!  YAY!  I'm getting stir crazy.  Which is great...means I'm getting better, right!!!  It's nice to feel enough energy to leave the house... though the shower and getting dressed cost a lot of energy and resting afterwards.  Everything. tires. me. out.  The stairs to go upstairs... whoa, those take me a lot of effort... like, I make it upstairs and then sit on my bed for about 10 minutes to recover.  No joke.   I can't stand to make lunches, it takes all of my energy to get a bowl and cereal and milk to the table to eat breakfast.  It's very strange.  To clarify:  it's not the chemo that is tiring (though that is its own brand of tiring that drags at me for the days following).  This is from the 12 days in hospital (with little moving around), the trauma of the blood clot (and my body working to recover from that), and the blood thinners (they make me a bit lightheaded and weakly), and the chemo.  It's a lot going on in my body apparently.  Having never journeyed this before, and never hoping to ever never ever journey this again once I hit remission (Lord willing!!!!!!!)... this is what I understand from the medical team and my body's reaction to stuff.

Lunch out, made a walk through Rei!mans and sat on the couch taking in all the lovely spring colours... not sure if I'm brave enough to purchase the lovely coloured jeans.  Then  was so nice to sit at RRobn with Mom and Dad and Keri and Kori and have conversation and soak in some sunlight.  Nice.

And now... a nap.  Made it up the stairs to my house, all five of them.  Yay!  A little stronger each day.  Probably going to nap on the couch ... not sure I could do the main stairs... seriously, feeling 90yrs old.   Love the idea of being 90 years old one day!  [smile]

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you were able to get out today. Sounds like a healing time with family. I pray for you every day. God is good. Melba G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to get you out of the house today, you are weak but getting stronger each day!! Thanking Jesus for answered prayers!
    The Eagles flying over our lunch date was pretty special too!

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: