PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cycle 2: week 1, day 1

Chemo went well today. Accessing the port, even with a solid hour of the emla (skin numbing cream) was a sharp-ish stab with a dull-thumb tack-into-cork board feel. Gweebie. My hemoglobin was 110 which was down from 126 but still above the minimum of 80. The super nice nurse went back and looked up my numbers and said that they showed that my whites bounce back nicely, let's pray it so! Once the port was accessed (meaning the needle was in and the tubing good to be hooked up to the IV) the nurse was able to draw blood right away, no clots, no problems. Perfect! Thanking God for the quick and easy hook up today!!!

Because I didn't need the one hour of clot buster, chemo was a quick two hours! The only rough patch was my rib cage. The chemo chairs are a consistent problem for my body to sit in... I'm too short and get crunched into the chair and then my back hurts. So lame. The nurse kindly persuaded me to take some pain meds which helped the wicked toothache that has developed from an unfinished root canal (my follow up appointment was right when I was diagnosed and having surgery and going to the dentist is a huge no-no when on chemo because of the risk of infection) but didn't help the rib pain. Lame. Next week we will try laying me back and propping me around with pillows. The nurses always have lots of good ideas, we'll sort the seating out yet!

I came home super tired, from the meds or the chemo I don't know. Hoping to sleep it off tonight and feel energy for the next few days as I did last cycle before the tired fighting days kick in! [smile]. I have lunch plans tomorrow... a chemo tradition!

Thank you for the love and prayers. Trusting that God is already using the chemo for good and for killing every cancer cell in this body. Amen! Trusting healing and safety as my body does its miraculous body-works thing and regenerates new, healthy cells. The body is an amazing thing, really, amazing!!!

Hope your day was lovely and that you had sunshine... Either blue skies or happiness or both!

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. hey Kris - glad your day went pretty smoothly and you got a good night's rest. We were praying for you... K. has you in her nightly prayers that "Auntie Kristin's body would be all better". Love & Blessings :) Devana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you sweet K. God hears your prayers and is answering!

      Delete

Connecting through comments: