PRAYER REQUESTS

PRAYER REQUESTS

- Peace for Shawn and I, for Kyle and Miranda and Braden and Connor, for our parents and siblings and nieces and nephews and inner circle friends watching and hurting as we go through this
- that God would keep soft our children's hearts toward Him through all the emotions of this hard journey
- strength and stamina; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually
- that the cancer shrinks to gone, gone, gone!
- gentle side effects to this second round of chemo
- family unity, harmony, love, strength, joy, happiness
- anything else you feel God puts on your heart


Friday, February 1, 2013

Feeling the feelings

Tears today. Had a good sleep. Woke up peacefully. Laying in bed the memory of emotion of telling my parents came over me. Sad. Sorry. Heartbroken to think of them sitting roadside in the beauty of their Hawaiian vacation. Tears silently flowing.
Made waffles for breakfast. Thankful to feel up to making breakfast. No one ate it. Ah well. Felt good to be up to it. Kids dawdling to the bus. Husband off to work. Me sitting here with tears. Emotions and upcoming CT scan.
Kori and the big kids and I are spending the day out. Looking forward to time spent. There is a lot of pressure on time when you don't know how you might feel each day with the chemo cycle. Glad I'm a live-in-the-moment person but wow is it harder some moments than others.
Today is the day that You have made, Lord. I do rejoice and am glad in it.

Update: Had a great day today.  Kori, my three nieces, my son and I headed to IKEA for the day!  It was fun to just wander through the showroom and dream a little and listen to the teenagers laughing hysterically... and I had the greatest laugh I have had in a really long time!  Thanks niece K for the laugh at your expense...   Didn't have a nap for the second day in a row and now I'm pooped.  Again, tired from a good day.

3 comments:

  1. It was such a great day! The emotions always seem to be right on the edge but today the hyper kids and laughter helped keep the emotions at bay.

    The memories of that difficult night come over me often as well. This mornings devotion is such a great reminder of the faith of our family.
    "There may be an easier way up the mountains than is visable from the distance. If I do lead you up the cliffs, I will equip you thoroughly for that strenuous climb. I will even give My angels charge over you, to preserve you in all your ways.
    Keep your mind in the present journey, enjoying My Presence. Walk by Faith, not by sight, trusting Me to open up the way before you."

    Love you Kristin. I really enjoyed our day together :)
    Kori

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a roller coaster! I am thankful there's so many 'ups' too & that you have great, fun people to share them with...nothing like a gaggle of teenagers laughing hysterically to keep you IN the moment (esp out in public haha!).
    'Keep your mind in the present journey' - luv that.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you virtual hugs across the miles.

    ReplyDelete

Connecting through comments: